Saturday, July 11, 2009

Dubble Bubble Shelves



Another year older, ahhh I feel exactly the same.

This evening I was in the check out line at Wal-Mart and picked up a magazine (The Globe) that allegedly had pictures of Michael Jackson while he was dying (no kidding.) I was highly disappointed to see a Connie Chung-esque actress dressed in a powder-blue set of pajamas in a three-framed story line. 1) Connie injects a shot into her thigh with hair covering face 2) Miss Jackson (ooh, I am for real) grasps chest with head turned away from camera and 3) 'Michael' lays sprawled out on silky bed. Dead. Mind you all these shots were taken from the same angle and all were exactly the same except the latter, which had a sliver of a black man and his hand outstretch to the manorexic actress. You could just make out the staged-shock on the left side of the face of the care taker character.

When I went to go put this trash back, I was too lazy to put it back in it's propper rack, so I decided to throw it on top of a rather large stock of buckets of Dubble Bubble. I was rather shocked, if not outraged to see that dozens of other people had done the same thing with several other magazines from the same rack. And this is where I had my thought for the evening of July 10th, 2009:

I felt so bad for those buckets of Dubble Bubble. Instead of being exploited for being incredible chewy, delicious and long-lasting they were being used as a magazine rack. "Neigh," a magazine piler-upper. For people like me who were too lazy to put their magazine/poparazzi trash back in the right place. It just... kinda made me sad they went so under appreciated and used. But alas, I did nothing.

--EDIT--

I also saw a good friend today at Panera Bread. We enjoyed a Strawberry Poppyseed Salad together, and I introduced her to my friend Sarah. She wasn't very chatty though.

1 comment:

  1. Your a sick man, Johnny...a sick man.

    Don't change.

    - Suaso

    ReplyDelete